Saturday, May 14, 2011

CZT Training Day 2

Today flew by! In the morning, Rick and Maria gave us their version of a beginner's Zentangle class so that we could get a feel of how our own workshops should run. No matter how many times I take one of these classess, I am always amazed at how differently the students complete their tiles when given the same instruction. We of course put them together in a mosaic at the end (photo below).

The first part of the afternoon was spent discussing the business aspects of being a CZT, and then came the fun part--learning the tangles! It is amazing to watch Rick and Maria work.  They are just so fast! We made it through five tangles with the promise of more to come tomorrow.

Of course there was homework as well.  The training is held in a huge house built in the 1800s. We were to choose from the myriad of patterns found on nearly every surface and try to break one down into a tangle that is simple to teach. I chose some beautiful molding on the dining room ceiling.  Below is a photo of the ceiling and my resulting tangle, which I am calling Din-din.  I will post the steps after I return home.

Sorry the photos are showing up out of order, but I am blogging from my phone and can't figure out how to change it!




1 comment:

  1. So cool! It really is a gorgeous location for the seminar, isn't it? Congratulations on Din-Din! *G*

    ReplyDelete