Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Diva's Challenge #14

I am a bit behind as I have just recently discovered this, but each Monday a new Zentangle challenge is posted here.  You can also find it with the button to the right.  I know I need to work out of my regular "box," so I tried this week's challenge.  It was to use only straight lines.  I like designs made up of straight lines, so I thought it would be a piece of cake.  Wrong.  I started 4 different tiles and only finished two of them.  I discovered that while I like tangles with straight lines, I do not like starting with strings that are straight.  (For more information on what I mean by tangles and strings, go here.)  Here are my finished tiles.  I will post the unfinished ones as well, as soon as I work on them a bit more.  


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge - nice tile. I too prefer the straight line tangles but had a similar experience with the first couple of attempts - I kept adding circles or a little wave in lines! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they both look great! Nice to have you joining in. It is lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them look great! The top one is my fav.

    ReplyDelete